THREE CHANNEL HALL EFFECT SPEED SENSORS FOR RAILWAY APPLICATIONS
The MSC Speed Sensor for Railway application will have two outputs that can be used to determine the direction of travel and will have a duty cycle of approximately 50%.
The speed sensor will also have a 3rd speed that is galvanically isolated from the other two quadrature signals.
Specifications for SK12097 (Speed Sensor):
- Input Voltage: 10 VDC to 20 VDC
- Input Current: 50 mA max.
- Output Voltage: Logic “1”: (Vcc –
0.8)VDC, Logic “0”: 0.6 VDC max.
- Output Current: Isink, NPN,
20 mA max.
- Output Signal: There will be at least
10 µs between rising edges of S1 and S2 up to 2 kHz.
- There will be at least 10 µs overlap
between the positive pulses of S1 and S2 up to 2 kHz.
- Gear: Ø186 mm, with 60 teeth.
- Speed: Maximum 4200 RPM.
- Airgap: 1.0 mm [.039 inches] max.
- Duty Cycle: 50% ± 20%.
- Phase Angle between S1 and S2: 90o
- Insulation Resistance: 100 MΩ at 500
- Temperature Range: -40oC to
- Sensor could also work when one of the
three outputs is disconnected (open circuit).
- Sensor is reverse polarity protected.
- Sensor is short circuit protected at
140 mA max.